Keep your BUT out of it!

Keep your BUT out of it!

James 4
Passions and Pride

New English Translation (NET)
Where do the conflicts and where do the quarrels among you come from? Is it not from this, from your passions that battle inside you? You desire and you do not have; you murder and envy and you cannot obtain; you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask; you ask and do not receive because you ask wrongly, so you can spend it on your passions.

I googled this scripture because I could not remember which book addressed arguments and quarreling.  As I was reading a flood of emotions came over me and I was like wow so-n-so really needs to read this.  Then the Lord spoke and said so could you.  OUCH! 

This then led me to the following.  Yes, I had others in mind but I also kept telling myself this was for me also.  If you always got your "but" in something you never really let things go. I forgive you "but", Im sorry "but", I love you "but", I know I did you wrong "but", I know what I said hurt you "but".... Depression, anger and unhappiness will be your foothold.

I am learning this. I have had plenty of people say and do things that were hurtful, spiteful, and mean.  I would say I am over it but I really wasn't because instead of me leaving it I always had my "but" up in it. How can I talk to someone about letting go or healing if I can't let it go myself cause I’m always "butting". Others have to live with their actions I don't have to live it for them.  

So for now I will keep my but to myself and learn to say and let things go.  Its an everyday walk and each day is renewed but the lesson stays the same like Gods word never changing.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars ...Constant Reminder

Here to there