Scars ...Constant Reminder

Scars Never Let us Forget

Walking through your grief does not mean you forget.

In John Chapter 5 we read Jesus asked the lame man at the Bethesda waters if he wanted to be healed. 

Here we have a man who after possibly decades of being lame dealing with loss, grief and shame was asked by a total stranger if he wanted to be healed.  

What you may noticed he never really answered Jesus, he sorta skirted around the question.  I do not know if it was because of fear, disbelief or reluctance that caused him to avoid answering.


Like the lame man at the pool, most people we know are going through their own personal grief, loss, defeat. 

With grief some people may not want to be healed because of what they feel they may have to give up.
 
We may feel that our loss is so great that if we let go of the hurt and pain we will let go of any connection we had with that person.  Healing means forgetting.

Just like Jesus asked the lame man if he wanted to be healed, Jesus is asking if you want to be heal.  

When Jesus is asking do you want to be healed, he is not asking you to forget but he is saying let me mend your broken heart. Allow the peace that only He can give rest in you. 

When a wound is open it is raw and it is not healed.  As long as we have the deep open wound we will feel immense pain.  Raw hurtful pain.    Affecting our concentration, relationship, jobs, even how we feel about ourselves.   We start believing a false narrative about ourselves.

When we seek help for our wound we can start the process of healing inside out, we start to feel better.  The pain lessens and is not as intense.  Although the pain begins to lesson we are left a scar.  This serves as our reminder, we will not forget.. 

The same with the loss of our love one.  The wound of death is healed but the scar or scars remain.  Serving as a reminder of our loss but not being knock out from the pain.

We learn that we change our internal speech and speak what is true.  Learn to speak positive into your situation. Know Gods truth about you.  Stand firm on His word and speak it.  Allow His words to mold your heart with His word.  His word is the balm, the suture needed to heal the wound.
 

He is there waiting for you to turn to him.  When we are ready to walk through this journey.  We are able to say Lord this sucks,  I am hurt but I cannot continue to live with this pain. I give it over to you.  

When my son died I had to give it to Jesus.  I wanted the healing.   I am still walking through my grief  and will continue until I am reunited with Christ and my son.  While I am still here, I will live in my calling and continue to walk through and to my healing.



Some time later, Jesus went up to Jerusalem for one of the Jewish festivals. Now there is in Jerusalem near the Sheep Gate a pool, which in Aramaic is called Bethesda[a] and which is surrounded by five covered colonnades. Here a great number of disabled people used to lie—the blind, the lame, the paralyzed. [4] [b] One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, “Do you want to get well?”
“Sir,” the invalid replied, “I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me.”  John 5:5-7 NIV


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here to there