One of the reasons we need to understand and educate ourselves in the basics when it comes to health, fitness and nutrition. So we can recall information when it is not available. We are so use to have 24 hour, instant information at our finger tips. It’s an awesome tools when it is available. The government shutdown touches every aspect of our lives. So what are the basics? *Get up and move daily. *Get the heart pumping and the breathing faster. *Drink water. * Eat fruits and veggies * Eat lean meats * Laugh and don’t forget to breath!
Scars Never Let us Forget Walking through your grief does not mean you forget. In John Chapter 5 we read Jesus asked the lame man at the Bethesda waters if he wanted to be healed. Here we have a man who after possibly decades of being lame dealing with loss, grief and shame was asked by a total stranger if he wanted to be healed. What you may noticed he never really answered Jesus, he sorta skirted around the question. I do not know if it was because of fear, disbelief or reluctance that caused him to avoid answering. Like the lame man at the pool, most people we know are going through their own personal grief, loss, defeat. With grief some people may not want to be healed because of what they feel they may have to give up. We may feel that our loss is so great that if we let go of the hurt and pain we will let go of any connection we had with that person. Healing means forgetting. Just like Jesus asked the lame man if he ...
Exercise should be a fundamental part of your life as breathing. Not so you can get skinny, get "fine" or to impress others but to live and live healthy. Everything else is just a benefit No matter how you get your exercise on just do it. I choose to run and I am in love with running. When I am out on the pavement in the open I am free to just go. No enclosures, no noise but I music, no kids yelling or no boss hounding me just me and the road. I never thought I could go the distance because when I started it was yes hell at times. Sometimes I just wanted to say "the hell with it, this ish hurts" but I never stopped. I may had slowed down a bit but I never stopped. Competing in my first half marathon had showed me a lot. No matter how hard I trained it is nothing like the actual race. I faced more hills and dips and turns in the race then any training run. Yes, it hurt and my legs were heavy, my feet were blister and ...
Comments
Post a Comment