My Coach was right...Go figure

Lesson Learned:  For that last 7 days the only pool of water I had been in was a shower.  When I had practice yesterday, I was afraid that I  would have a rough time and was actually hesitant to get in the water BUT the coach made me get in. 
 After my initial warm up I went directly into intervals and did one of my fastest freestyle to date and ALMOST not quite lost a lung and did not want to puke!!  I say all of this because in spite of myself and jacked up thinking,nothing was lost because of 1 week.  It because of the consistency in the water (at least 3 -4 times a week for the past 2 months) doing drills and other things that I think I was successful. 
Before, when I was not consistent, with pool time and drills, it showed in my performance and my coach could tell.  I did not want to believe I could not skip around with my pool training and do well. I should know better because I'm a coach and I talk to my runners all the time about following the plan and trust your training.  Yesterday, proved what my coach has been trying to tell me all along.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars ...Constant Reminder

Here to there