Wounded Wet Warrior

Today I ran Wounded Warrior half as a blind training run. I did not pay attention to my Garmin the entire time. I turned it upside down and ran. I was treating this as a LSD run, I wanted to see what I could by "feel" (if that makes sense). I wanted to see what felt right and if I could hit my training LSD pace by the way I felt. I just ran. There were no jack rabbit moments, just running and it felt nice. My chest did not hurt I did not feel as if I was red lining. My heart rate stayed where I wanted it. 

When I reviewed my Garmin my training pace was right on! This is how I know that I am doing the right thing when I train. Thee were not any major fluctuations in pace. There was the point where I had to slow down was were the trail got really dicey and then I picked it right back up. 

Last year time was 9 mins slower then today and I was racing then! LOL Funny how my old race pace is now my LSD training pace and I felt so much better this time around. Sub 2 here I come!!

Sometimes it more important to just run a race instead of racing a race. Everything does not have to be a PR, everything does not have to be about time. Sometimes you just have to enjoy and LEARNED from where you are. There are bigger things down the line that I am training for and if I blow it all out now. I won't have anything left in me.

Oh yeah the race was awesome!  We paid for a half and ended up with so much more!  

The race was delayed for an hour because of thunderstorms.  So here we are stick under the hotel garage waiting.  The Marriott was great, although they did not have to they let a lot of the runners just "camp" out until the run started.  Mad props for the hotel chain.  
 
The trail was flooded so of it was not detoured we ran trough it.  There was mud and hills and rocks and more rain!

My legs felt like I was carrying 5lb weights because my shoes were so wet. I had to laugh because I was thinking a snake would have popped up from the flood.  

I also make a wonderful couple.  today was their 1st half!!!  Today, It's was awesome!  
Me waiting out the storm 

Taking cover!
Me before the race

After my pancakes!
New friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars ...Constant Reminder

Here to there